PLEASE NOTE FOR SIZING - IT IS ADVISABLE TO MEASURE YOUR BELLY BANDIT BY YOUR PRE PREGNANCY DRESS SIZE - FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE A SIZE 12-14 BEFORE PREGNANCY WE WOULD RECOMMEND A SIZE MEDIUM!
The must have "New Mummy Accessory" as seen in NOW magazine to help you get back into your pre-pregnancy figure!!!
What is the Belly Bandit?
The Belly Bandit is a post-pregnancy abdominal wrap which is seamless 9" elastic band designed to apply pressure to the abdominal area after delivery.
How does it work if I have a normal delivery?
The Belly Bandit supports a woman's body after a vaginal delivery. The garment acts to retract the body by drawing in stretched muscles and providing structure to the back and general abdominal area. Reducing stress in these areas enhances the body's ability to return to its pre-pregnancy alignment and shape. Also the Belly Bandit can offer support to the abdominal wall as the muscles retract to their pre-pregnancy position.
How does it work if I have a Cesarean delivery?
Usually you will receive an abdominal binder from the hospital immediately after a Cesarean birth. The binder is usually worn during the time that you are in hospital. However what happens when you leave hospital and you are strongly advised not to lift anything over 10 pounds to allow the incision area to heal properly? The Belly Bandit can protect the incision area, keeps the abdomen flat on either side of the incision to reduce the severity of scarring, and provides light compression to reduce fluid accumulation.
- Bamboo is naturally anit-microbial, anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic
- Bamboo fabric is exceptionally soft and light and can be worn directly against the skin
- Bamboo has proven capabilities to inhibit the growth of bacterium and fungi thqat cause odour and infection
- Bamboo is water absorbent by nature, translating into excellent moisture wicking properties that will pull moisture away from the skin allowing it to evaporate
- Bamboo fabric is 100% biodegradable
- Bamboo is highly recommended for our C-Section Mommies!!!
Please note: When you are wearing the Bamboo Belly Bandit after your C-Section always ensure that the band covers the entire section of your scar, do not lay the Belly Bandit so the edge of the product hits or lays flush with the scar from the C-Section. Please discontinue immediately if your incision is irritated. Also please consult a doctor should you notice any swelling after your delivery and not use the Belly Bandit until you have been properly checked by your doctor which is normal practice anyway.